4-Point Insurance Inspection
- A “4 Point Insurance” focuses only on four main areas of interest in a home:
- HVAC (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning).
- Electrical wiring and panels.
- Plumbing connections and fixtures.
- The inspection and report describes the condition and age of these elements.
- Why do I need a four point inspection?
- Insurance companies have become increasingly reluctant to issue Homeowner Insurance Policies on older homes (usually 20 years old or more).
Their common concern is that there may be conditions of 4 Point Insurance in an older home that could turn into a liability to them. For example; a home with a rooftop nearing the end of its life under the policy and the homeowner may seek repayment from their insurance company for damages to the home. Comparable concerns stretch out to the state of the HVAC, electrical and plumbing frameworks in a more established older home. On the off chance that these components are in poor condition, needing being updated or replaced or were improperly introduced, they may fail and cause fire or water harm to a home.
Newer homes are assumed insured by the insurance companies and consider that they don’t have these problems as older homes.